Tuesday 5 February 2013

Day 11 Editing

We were experimenting with the placements of our title sequence, I tried to make the placements of our titles unique and put them on items within the frame, to give the appearance that the names were a part of the scene. For example,  with my name I placed it on the soap dispensor and the colours I used helped to emphasise this appearance.

I had originally planned to place my name in the middle of the soap dispensor, but Conor though it looked better placed on the side and I agreed.

 

 This is how my name is place now, however the orange tint in the background has been changed to black and this change (in my opinion) makes our production look a lot more professional.


We blurred the violent scenes, we tried to look for the blur effect that will make the clips look like they are from the viewpoint of a person in tears (the clip is a POV shot of Sarah in tears, as James prepares to hurt her, a teary blu would have made the POV shot more realistic and therefore more effective). However either we could not find this effect or it was unavailable. So we looked for an alternative and settled with a normal blur with an earthquake effect- the effect was still good and did not deter from the overall effect we wanted to create. 




Conor has started creating the music, that will hopefully be synchronous with our opening sequence clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment