Monday 3 December 2012

Questionnaire Analysis

This is my Questionnaire results, which I am going to analyse and allow to influence the direction of our production process and the ways in which we will present our opening sequence to our audience. We had decided as a group that the age of our target audience is likely to be aged 16+ and  I used my "Whatsapp" app on my phone to send my friends and family the link to my survey and fortunately a large number of them responded, and this helped me to expand the age bracket of our audience (The app enabled me to reach a large number of audience's within my contact's list that have different ages):


Questionnaire:

Due to the fact that most of my answers are from females I am aware that the rest of my questionnaires would be influenced by their perspectives.


From my questionnaire I have seen that a large portion of my target audience will be 16-20 year olds  and that the next few questions will be answered mostly from this age group, and therefore influence our production and steer us in the direction that will interest this particular age group.


The largest percentage was for 'Sometimes', in regards to how often this particular audience watch crime-dramas and because of this I know that most of the information they provide will be useful. As they would have the foundations of what a good crime-drama consists of; and ideas and ways in which we could deviate from stereotypes of crime dramas effectively. Hopefully they do not already have negative preconceptions about crime-dramas and if they do, hopefully we can challenge them with our production.


I was made aware by one of the people who took my survey that this particular question was unclear and as a result they did not understand how to answer. So they informed me that they picked 'Yes' they do prefer to actively piece the crime together and others informed me that they picked 'No' they do not like to see the crime take place.

 
It was due the the lack of clarity of the question, that I made sure to collate the information for this particular question, from those that completed my survey. The actual results were that 100% of those that answered this question preferred to actively piece the crime together. This information indicates to me that they are an active audience, who like being challenged when, (if they do), they watch crime dramas.






A large number of the people who answered this question, think that our idea of a psychological crime-drama sounds interesting, so from this I can tell that as a result, our choice of genre would appeal to a large number of people.








It is helpful for us to know that our idea of using flashbacks will attract a large majority of our audience (71.4%) and would likely be seen as an effective format to convey our narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment