Thursday 10 January 2013

Day 1 Editing

We had two hours of Media Studies today and for the first hour I was not in lesson because I had an exam. After I came back from my exam I learnt that within our group of four (101 Productions) would be split into two groups- Conor and I will work together and Sonny and Lauryn will work together. 
We will make separate opening sequences and then decide which team created the best opening sequence, the winning team would be the opening sequence that is chosen. The editing programme we are going to use is Final Cut Express and at first I couldn't really get the hang of the its features but as I did more editing and as Conor helped me understand it, the programme became easier for me to manoeuvre. I now know that with each clip we edit it must be rendered or else it can not play. 
We know that our 'blood' looks fake and we hope that by heightening the colour or making it duller (using saturated or desaturated lighting) the effects would look more realistic.



We adhered to the statements of the focus group members, because we started off our sequence with the shots of the drops of blood that led to the figure in black, shown in the image above. The blood trail that leads to this character indicates that a major incident has occurred and this should hopefully act as a "hook" for our audience, as they begin to wonder what led up to the bloodied environment and who the character in black is.  We have formed numerous enigma codes, one of which is the identity of the character in black (we did this by cutting off the clip before Sarah's face is shown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment